Pages

Wednesday 10 January 2018

Angela's new home


Time for another throwback post - I'm trying to catch up and post more in January - I missed yesterday but doing well apart from that!

My friend and craft teacher Angela moved house last year, so  of course I made her a card. I used the same Lavinia stamp for this new home card last year.

The background here is a shaving foam piece, using bundled sage distress reinker. I blended the same colour around the edge to frame it.

I inked up the stamp with different colours of distress oxide in different areas, then stamped. With a water pen, I blended out the colours to fill the house. I also pressed out distress oxide ink onto the craft mat to pick up with the water pen and colour more. The colours are quite random, and bright - I'm enjoying the vibrancy of the oxides compared to the more muted effect of the original distress inks. Although the colours are the same, the opacity makes them brighter. Plus I  have more of the brighter colours in oxides I think

Using torn paper as a mask, and the water pen with ink, I added green either side of the house to ground it, and a touch of yellow to suggest a path.

The words were also inked with a mix of distress oxides. I have the alphabet stamps now, so "new" came from "news" again, but I used individual letters for "home".



I like the softness of this card, both in the background and the diffused colour of the inks. I hope Angela liked it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda