Pages

Saturday 11 November 2017

A quick mica sketch


As we get nearer to Christmas, my Christmas card making seems to get squeezed more and more! I guess there's so much else going on, especially as we have the builders in at the moment. That's one reason why I love doing the Christmas Card Throwdown - I have a stash of cards built up by this time of the year, so no last minute rush!

Here's another quick card using our current sketch challenge.



I started with a mica powder background. This is a Wow stamp I got a while ago as it was so gorgeous, but haven't actually used before. I stamped in versamark then dusted over with blue mica powder, it looks so gorgeously shimmery! If I hadn't been so last minute, I'd have stamped more and used different colours, to put aside for another time - although I'm meant to be reducing my stash of backgrounds, not adding to it!

I cut an aperture with a die from a magazine.



To go behind, I used a snow scene stamp from Hobby Art. I stamped in black momento onto white card - super simple!

The image was a little narrower than the aperture, so I added more leaves at the top and flowers at the bottom by inverting the stamp - the stamp platform really helps with positioning.



For a sentiment, I stamped in black on white, to tie in with the image, and die cut with a rectangle die.

I trimmed back the mica background; the size of the stamp determined the card size, which is A6. I constructed with foam tape to lift the aperture away from the image.





This one really relies on the beauty of the stamps to make the card, along with the mica. I haven't used mica powder much recently, although it's one of my favourite products.






To join in with our sketch challenge and top up your christmas card stash, head over to the challenge blog, you have until midnight GMT on Friday 17th November to join in.


6 comments:

  1. Adorable charmant et si paisible Lucinda, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola. J'adore ce jeu de tampons, c'est génial pour les cartes rapides car ça fait le travail pour moi

      Delete
  2. It's a beautiful background, I'm not surprised you wanted the stamp. It's really pretty in soft blue and I'm imagining the shimmer. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. The stamp is designed for embossing, so I'll have to try that to! Photographing shimmer is always a challenge!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card Lucinda! It looks like you created a real winter wonderland! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mona. I love blue shades for frosty Christmas cards, and of course a bit of shimmer!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda