Pages

Monday 23 October 2017

Canvas and Wood


It's time for a stash challenge at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

This month, we'd like to you make a Christmas or Winter card using canvas and/or wood.


For this, I pulled out a roll of canvas I got "on spec" over the summer.

I cut a length, and started painting it in purple shades.


I added streaks in silver and metallic white.

I also painted a smaller piece in metallic white. I used the same brush, so some streaks of purple came through as well.


I added purple brusho to the larger piece, and spritzed to activate it.



Once dry (I used a heat gun to speed it up), I watered down some silver paint and splattered it over the canvas.


I cut the length in half, and die cut one piece with a spellbinders background die. I moved the die, lined it up again and recut to turn a rectangle into a square.


I had to put it through a few times, and use a shim. Some of the narrower diagonals are a bit delicate, where I've cut through the weave of the canvas, but I'm sticking this down onto the other half of the canvas so it doesn't really matter.


I decided I wanted the die cut piece to stand out a bit more, so I dry brushed the background with more silver paint to tone down the purple and give more contrast.


I trimmed both pieces.

I then die cut from the metallic white canvas, to give my sentiment.


This really is a bit thin to cut from canvas, you can see the "s" has come off, and it's broken between the "e" and "r". All repairable when I stick it down.

The final touch is two wooden snowflakes. I was going to leave them plain, but decided they would look better if they coordinated more - I painted them with purple, then gradually added more metallic white until I was happy.

I constructed the card with PVA glue, onto a 6x6 card blank.


I have really struggled to get photos of this card, it comes out blue a lot! The shimmer doesn't help. But I hope you get the idea. The texture of the canvas looks lovely, and a bit different to the usual card.



To join in with our stash challenge, head over to the Christmas Card Throwdown, we always love to see the cards that people share with us. You have until midnight GMT on Friday 3rd November to play!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lucinda ton canevas est magnifique, j'avoue que je savais pas très bien comment jouer avec ca mais toi tu l'as brillamment fait, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Fabiola. Je voulais utiliser mon canevas, et c'est bien d'avoir un exemple de canevas à côté des cartes en bois.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda